WHAT I LEARNED THROUGH BLOGGING
The story of what most people have learned through their journey into becoming a blogger will in most cases seem similar, but when you do a thorough comparison you will discover the true experience in all that these individuals have gone through. So I want to let you in on my experience, through what I have learned by being a blogger.
1. Blogging is not easy. It's a lot of work! Sometimes you see yourself trying to be and do everything. You see yourself being a photographer, model, photo editor, writer and the list goes on. All can be an exhausting experience altogether, but when you put those challenges aside, blogging is enjoyable because you get to display your creative work.
2. I learned that when asking for help, not everyone will be willing to help or share their secrets to their success. When I first started blogging I didn't know much. The only thing I knew how to do was take pictures, write and post. Now I know a thing or two like knowing how to bring traffic to my website, how to incorporate affiliate links to my site, who to email to get invited to fashion week and so forth. What has helped me a lot was the Internet. Google and YouTube were my go-to. Most of what I learned was by searching and reading. You will be surprised at what you find if you take the time. Try it out! I also have to say my family and friends were a big help. Now in this present moment, I can say I have been lucky to have met quite a few bloggers who have been willing to share some of their knowledge with me.
3. Blogging has become the next big thing. There are so many bloggers. When I used to go out and take pictures in the streets of Manhattan, there would be 2 to 3 bloggers on the next side of the streets posing and taking pictures just like I was doing. Whenever I would see them, I would look to see what they were doing and wearing. Talk about curiosity! Then, subsequently, I found myself comparing myself to them…ah! I had to quickly come to my senses and focus more on being me. Word of advice: Just be you!
4. In addition, when it came to invitations to events, I had to learn how to say no! When I would get invited to different events I would automatically say yes to most of them. Then I realized by going to all those events, I was neglecting my blog. I was ignoring what first mattered to me. When I took a step back and realized my priorities, I had to turn down on a lot of events in order to concentrate on putting out more contents. Now I only attend fashion shows and events that I have interest in. However, there are times where there are events and shows that I want to see or attend so badly, but I can't due to time constrant. This is when I wish there were enough hours in a day!
5. Lastly, I learned how important it is to invest in a good camera. When you do, it makes such a big difference in the quality of your pictures.